Perspektywy HEIs Ranking 2018: Jagiellonian University and University of Warsaw took the first place (ex aequo), the third place belongs to Warsaw University of Technology. Kozminski University was again the best in the group of non-public universities. We also know the winners in the rankings of 68 fields of study, so you can choose the universities and faculties that carry them at the best level.
The Perspektywy HEIs ranking includes 29 indicators grouped into seven criteria: Prestige, Graduates in the labor market, Scientific potential, Scientific effectiveness, Scientific potential, Innovation and Internationalization. It makes it one of the most extensive educational rankings in the world. It is also one of four rankings that have an international quality certificate. His methodology is elaborated by the jury headed by prof. Michał Kleiber, former president of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- This is the 19th edition of the HEIs Ranking published since 2000 by the educational monthly "Perspektywy". We have reached adulthood, but we are constantly preparing this publication with youthful enthusiasm! We are convincing high school graduates that the ranking will not promptly provide them with the "best university", but it suggests a "best university" for them, that one, after multifactorial analysis, will be best suited to the candidate's ambitions and abilities. Our ranking is also needed by the academic community, for which it is a kind of "mirror". You can see successes in it, but also shortcomings that need to be improved - says Waldemar Siwiński, president of the Perspektywy Education Foundation, initiator of the ranking.
Perspektywy HEIs Ranking 2018 in fact consists of four rankings reflecting various missions performed by Polish universities. These are:
- Academic HEIs Ranking - covering all higher education institutions (with the exception of art universities) having the right to confer doctoral degree;
- Private Universities Ranking (Master Level) - including non-public higher education institutions with the right to education at least at the level of a Master's degree;
- State Higher Vocational Schools Ranking - including vocational schools with the qualifications to study at the level of a master's or bachelor's (engineer's) degree.
- Fields of Study Ranking - covering a record number of 68 fields of study.